Prosciutto Cod with lentils
Deliciously simple and healthy recipe with fish wrapped in prosciutto (or your choice of bacon/ham) with lentils and spring greens
change servings 4
- frying pan
- Warm oven (150FAN/170c – approximately)
- 4 fish fillet cod or any preferred
- 2 vine tomato sliced thin
- 4 strips Prosciutto or double amount streaky smoked bacon
- 1 tin green lentils
- 250 g pre-cooked mixed grains
- 10 g fresh parsley
- 250 g spring greens shredded
- 30 ml olive oil
- 15 ml cider vinegar or any light vinegar
- Lay the sheets of prosciutto on a flat surface, dot a couple thin slices of tomato in the middle and lay the fish fillet on top. Wrap the prosciutto (or bacon or ham) over the fish.
- Heat some oil in a pan, lay the wrapped fish pieces seam side down and fry for about 4 minutes, or until crisp, before turning over to do the otherside (if they are very thick, cook them on their side for a minute as well). Once cooked, remove from the pan and place in a warm oven to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add a splash more oil if needed and cook the spring greens for a couple of minutes before pouring in a couple of tablespoons of water – this will create steam to finish cooking the greens. Remove from the pan into a bowl and keep warm.
- Finally add the pre-cooked mixed grains to the same pan along with the tinned green lentils, season generously with salt/pepper and add a couple of tablespoons of water to help heat it through. Once hot (couple of minutes), remove from the heat, drizzle a little olive oil and the vinegar over the grains and fold in the chopped parsley.
- Serve everything together and enjoy!
Use any fish you prefer and feel free to swap the prosciutto for smoked streaky bacon or slices of ham.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 1857mg | Fiber: 39g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1485IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 11mg