Dijon Potato & Chipolata Skillet
Inspired by lunch in the Alps, a one pan chipolata and potato skillet
change servings 4
- frying pan
- 750 g new potatoes sliced 1cm thick
- 1 onion diced
- 375 g chipolata sausages
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 knob butter
- 1 leek white end sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 150 g cheddar cheese grated
- 5 g fresh parsley chopped
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 baguette to serve
Potatoes and broccoli
- Cook the sliced potatoes in a saucepan of plenty of water with the stock cube crumbled in for about 10 minutes or until just tender. Once done, drain the potatoes – but save the cooking liquid to cook the broccoli for a few minutes in the same saucepan and to use the liquid in the main dish..
- While the potatoes are cooking, brown the chipolatas in a frying pan with a splash of oil on high heat for a few minutes, then remove onto a plate.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed and a knob of butter and on a medium heat fry the onions and leeks for about five minutes or until they have softened. Then stir in the flour, mustard and season generously with black pepper and pour in about a cup and a half (400ml) of the cooking liquid from the potatoes and simmer until it starts to thicken then add the cheese and simmer until it has melted, add more liquid if too thick,
- Return the chipolatas to the pan along with the cooked potatoes, carefully folding them in to avoid breaking leave to simmer on a gentle heat for a few minutes to finish cooking the chipolatas. Again, add more liquid if it gets too thick.
- Once done, remove the pan from the heat, garnish with chopped parsley and taste, adding a pinch of salt if needed. Serve in bowls with a side of tenderstem broccoli (or your choice of veg!) and a baguette to mop up the juices!
Make this vegetarian by omitting the sausage for small cauliflower florets!
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1146mg | Potassium: 1315mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1241IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 4mg