You'll never cook spaghetti the same way again! Everything goes into the tray (RAW!) and 30 minutes later you have dinner!
- high sided roasting tray about 10×8 inches
- measuring jug
- Pre-heated oven 200FAN
- 350 g spaghetti
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 60 ml olive oil about 4 tbsp
- 250 ml passata
- 650 ml chicken stock use a stockcube
- 30 ml tomato puree 2 tbsp
- 4 sausages (or swap for fish if preferred)
- 5 g fresh parsley a few sprigs parsley, chopped
- Place spaghetti into the roasting tray and drizzle over the olive oil; massage this into the pasta a little.
- Scatter over the onions, garlic then pour over the passata followed by the stock and tomato puree. Give the tray a little shake to ensure the liquid is covering everything (you need the pasta to be 'just' covered by the liquid.
- Season with salt / pepper and then dot the sausage meat from the sausages all over the top (bit like squeezing toothpaste from a tube!)
- Pop into a pre-heated oven, uncovered for exactly 30 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven, prod with a fork alittle and garnish with chopped parsley. If it's too thick add a small splash of water/stock, or if it is a little runny just leave it to rest for a few minutes and it'll thicken.
- That's it! Be amazed and eat well!
This is a great recipe to use what you want; leave out the sausagemeat (and use vegetable stock) for a vegetarian version or swap for fish instead!
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 759kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3mg