This one-pot rice is perfect to use up any leftovers or follow my recipe below, packed with vegetables and all cooked in 15 minutes in one pot!
- Frying pan + lid
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 sausages
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds optional
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250 g basmati rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 625 ml hot water
- 250 g peas frozen
- 250 g sweetcorn tinned or frozen
- 1 lemon
- 10 g fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- Fry the diced onion and fennel seeds, if using, for a few minutes before adding the garlic then squeeze in 1 inch chunks of sausage meat.
- Season pan with salt, pepper, add the tomato puree and rice and mix together.
- Add stock (ratio of 1 rice : 1.5 water), stir until fully mixed together, add more water if rice is not fully submerged.
- Slice the red pepper and lay over the top of the rice.
- Bring pan to a simmer, then cover with lid and reduce heat to low for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest with lid on for five minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, squeeze the juice of half lemon over the top along with a little drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Swap sausages for any other meat or seafood or go vegan with faux chicken
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 674kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 792mg | Potassium: 665mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 829IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg