Indulgent delicious beef burgers with lots of vegetables hidden inside providing kids (and parents!) with 2 of their 5-a-day!
- frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 onion sliced
- 2 carrot peeled, grated
- 1 parsnip peeled, grated
- 1 courgette large, grated
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 4 cheese slices or cheddar
- 0.25 iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 vine tomatoes sliced
- 4 sesame seed buns
- Mayonnaise & Ketchup optional
- Fry sliced onion in frying pan with half the olive oil until golden, then remove.
- While onion is frying, grate the carrot, parsnip, courgette into a mixing bowl (give the grated courgette a squeeze to release some moisture)
- Incorporate mincemeat into vegetables and combine with egg using your hands.
- Form four patties and fry in a hot pan with the remaining oil for about four minutes each side until cooked through.
- Lay cheese slices, if using, on cooked side of patties whilst cooking otherside in the pan.
- While patties are cooking; shred lettuce and slice tomato.
- Once patties are cooked, assemble burgers; swipe mayo on bottom bun, top with lettuce, tomato slices, cooked pattie, onions, ketchup and top with burger bun – enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3386IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 4mg