A deliciously creamy yet punchy flavoured chicken and tarragon recipe – perfect for the whole family.
- Pre-heated oven 180FAN / 200c
- Ovenproof frying pan (or roasting tin)
- 1 kg Chicken thighs skinned, deboned
- 750 g new potatoes quartered
- 150 g button mushrooms halved
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 15 g fresh tarragon discard stalks, chop leaves
- 35 g butter
- 0.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 80 ml double cream
- 1 tin cream mushroom soup
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 sweetheart cabbage finely sliced
- Par-boil potatoes in salted water for 7-10 minutes, then drain and reserve.
- Fry chicken thighs in splash of oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper over a medium high heat for 4-5 minutes each side. Once cooked, remove chicken thighs from frying pan, place on plate and set aside to rest.
- Fry the onions and garlic in the pan, add butter and season. Cook for 3 minutes until onions soften then add mushrooms and chopped tarragon and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and add soup, potatoes, mustard, cream, chicken thighs and any juice from resting. Shake pan to keep contents moving a little for another minute just to warm the sauce then pour everything into a baking dish (or leave in the pan if oven proof) and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Five minutes before the chicken is done, gently boil the cabbage in salted water for a few minutes, then drain and serve alongside the chicken.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 868kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 273mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 1610mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 661IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 5mg