Deliciously simply chocolate tart with homemade pastry
change servings 4Print Recipe
- Pre-heated oven 180FAN / 200c
- Rolling Pin
- 6 inch pastry case or foil
- 70 g Plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 35 g Butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 125 ml double cream
- 30 g butter diced | room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100 g chocolate 70% cocoa broken into chips (as much as possible)
- Pinch sea salt
- 15 ml milk
- Mix the flour and butter together with your fingers into an almost crumble consistency then add the water and mix together.
- Roll out the crumbly dough onto a lightly dusted worksurface and start kneading with your hands until the dough becomes smooth and pulls together. Roll it out to about 3mm thick and line your pastry tin with it, pricking it a few times with a fork. Blind bake in the oven for 12 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Bring the cream, sugar and salt to a boil then remove from the heat. As soon as it stops bubbling add the butter and chocolate and mix continuously with a spatula or wooden spoon until it all comes together in a silky ganache.
- Note: if it starts to split add a tablespoon of milk and beat it. If it totally splits, you can whisk it with a blender.
- Once the pastry is cooled and the ganache is still warm, pour the ganache into the pastry case and leave to set at room temperature. Just before serving sprinkle a few flakes of sea salt over the top and serve.
Go vegan using soy or almond milk in replace of the cream and use butter alternative for both the pastry and ganache.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 474IU | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg