Perfect for leftovers or pre-cooked packet rice – full of flavour and incredibly quick! This will become one of your go-to suppers!
change servings 4Print Recipe
- Frying pan + spatula
- 500 g pre-cooked basmati rice microwave rice is perfect or cold leftover rice
- 30 ml olive oil
- 15 ml sesame oil optional
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 inch ginger grated
- 1 red chili sliced, optional
- 100 g green beans halved
- 3 tbsp soy sauce dark
- 1 tsp sugar brown (swap for honey if preferred)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 5 g fresh coriander small handful, chopped for garnish
- 3 eggs whisked
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sugar/honey, pinch salt and vinegar and reserve.
- In a very hot pan add the olive oil and sesame oil and fry the garlic, ginger and chili (if using) for 30 seconds before adding the rest of the vegetables. Keep stirring and keep it on a high heat.
- Stir fry the vegetables for a few minutes then tip in the pre-cooked rice and mix to combine everything.
- Move all the ingredients to one half of the pan and add a small splash of oil on the empty side and pour in the whisked eggs. Scramble the eggs a little, moving them around – in JUST the empty side of the pan. Once cooked through mix both sides of the pan together (if you just pour the eggs over the rest of the ingredients they whole thing turns to mush).
- Now drizzle over the sauce, keep on a high heat until everything is incorporated and serve with fresh coriander ripped over the top.
Add meat, fish, seafood or a lot more vegetables! Anything goes in this recipe
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 663kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1188IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg