Ren’s Chicken Stroganoff
A quick and easy dish made with chicken or perfect for using up leftover turkey/chicken.
change servings 4
- 3 chicken breast poached and shredded
- 320 g tagliatelle
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard or Dijon
- 300 g mushrooms sliced
- 300 ml soured cream
- 30 ml milk
- 8 g fresh dill
- Start by poaching the chicken breast (or skip this step if using leftovers) in a saucepan of salted water for 10 minutes (gentle simmer).
- While the chicken is poaching, add pasta to saucepan of salted water and cook to packet instructions – about 8-10 minutes, then drain.
- While both the chicken and pasta is cooking; make the sauce. Fry the onions in a pan with the olive oil over a medium heat for five minutes, until soft, then stir in the mustard and mushrooms, season with freshly ground black pepper and a little salt. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Once the chicken is done (if not using leftovers), shred into the pan and stir well. Pour in the soured cream, adding a splash of milk if the sauce is a little thick. Cook for another five minutes, or until the turkey is piping hot. Serve on a bed of the pasta and garnish with fresh dill. Optional: drizzle over a little extra olive oil.
Swap pasta for rice or noodles, and go vegetarian by swapping chicken for extra mushrooms
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 635kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 974mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 701IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 3mg