Scroll to the bottom to watch the video!
Chimichangas! – sponsored by Fruit Bowl
Chimichangas are crispy burritos, you can add whatever you like making these especially good for using up leftovers and getting 2 of the kids 5-a-day into their meals.
change servings 4
- Pre-heated oven 200FAN/220c
- Hot grill
- baking tray
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breast sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 0.25 white cabbage shredded
- 50 g spinach
- 1 tin black beans drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 150 g cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 4 tortillas large
- Dust the chicken with the spices, salt, pepper and half the olive oil.
- Lay the seasoned chicken and sliced peppers onto a parchment lined baking tray in one layer.
- Bake the chicken and peppers in a pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked then remove.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse black beans and stir through the ketchup.
- Mix together the shredded cabbage and spinach.
- Assemble chimichangas; line a tortilla with a quarter of the beans, chicken pieces, peppers, spinach and cabbage and finally a generous portion of grated cheese.
- Fold over half the tortilla, then fold each side and roll to create a sealed package; lay tortilla seal side down onto baking tray. Repeat for all four tortillas.
- Brush with melted butter and place under a hot grill for a few minutes each side until golden and serve!
Feel free to swap chicken for fish or large roasted vegetables like cauliflower for vegetarian version or even mince meat as an alternative.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 1006mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2642IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 391mg | Iron: 5mg