This delicious salmon recipe is the perfect one-pan meal for the family!
change servings 4Print Recipe
- frying pan
- Saucepan + Lid
- 600 g salmon fillet 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200 g basmati rice about 1 cup
- 100 g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 ml hot water
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 300 g frozen peas about 2 cups
- 200 ml single cream
- 15 ml honey
- 1 lemon juice of
- Measure the rice into your saucepan adding double the amount of water (so 1 cup rice = 2 cups water), season with salt, bring to a boil, then reduce to low setting and cover with a lid for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat until ready to serve.
- Heat a non stick pan, add a knob of butter and fry the salmon fillets for 3 minutes on each side remove from the pan and rest on a plate.
- Leaving the butter in the pan, add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes and after a minute pour in the hot water and crumble in the stock cube and reduce for a few minutes (3!). Remove the pan from the heat until it stops bubbling then pour in the cream, honey, season well and stir, then add the spinach, basil and peas and return to the heat, cooking until the spinach has wilted and the peas are hot.
- Finally, return the salmon back to the pan and warm through for a few more minutes before finishing with a little squeeze of lemon. If you want a thicker consistency simply leave to simmer for a few more minutes to reduce the sauce. Serve on rice or with crusty bread!
Go dairy free using cashew cream (homemade is 1 cup cashew nuts blended with about 400ml of water). Go vegan swapping honey for agave and cream for vegan alternative and use roasted butternut squash (roast squash steaks 30mins at 200c FAN) and add to sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 645kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 1887mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3208IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 5mg