Quick prawn stir fry; feel free to substitute all the vegetables for a packet of stir fry vegetables for convenience!
change servings 4Print Recipe
- Frying pan or Wok
- 300 g prawns king, jumbo or regular
- 30 ml olive oil
- 200 g egg noodles 1
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red chili chopped, optional
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 carrot peeled, cut into strips
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 80 g spinach
- 5 g fresh coriander ripped for garnish
- 200 g crabmeat optional
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce optional
- 1/2 tsp sugar or honey
- Cook noodles in salted boiling water to packet instructions – about 3-4 minutes. Drain, pass a knife through the noodles a couple of times and drizzle with a little oil to stop sticking.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients and reserve
- Heat a frying pan or wok on high heat and add a glug of olive oil followed by the garlic, chilli (if using), ginger and prawns. Stir fry for a few minutes until the prawns are cooked through s (until they turn pick all over), before adding all the vegetables.
- Keep moving and stir frying for three minutes, then add a tablespoon of water to the pan (careful of the steam) carry one stir frying for a minute until the water is fully evaporated.
- Now add the drained noodles, stir to incorporate and remove from the heat and immediately drizzle over the sauce, lifting the noodles to coat them. Add a splash more soy sauce if preferred. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve!
Leave out the prawns and fish sauce for a vegetarian version – and leave out the fish sauce if not available.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 252mg | Sodium: 2002mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5053IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 5mg