Linda Lusardi’s Creamy Prawn Spring Onion Pasta
Deliciously simple and quick, this prawn and spring onion pasta is a surefire dinner winner – thanks Linda!
change servings 4Print Recipe
- frying pan
- 400 g tagliatelle or other pasta
- 300 g prawns cold water frozen
- 15 g fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 250 ml single cream
- 1 knob butter
- 6 spring onions sliced inc. green part
- 10 ml fish sauce
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water to packet instructions for al dente (about 8 minutes)
- While pasta is cooking, very gently fry garlic in butter for 30 seconds to warm through (but not colour) then stir in the spring onions followed by the parsley, chili flakes, generous pinch salt and pepper and prawns. Then pour in the cream and fish sauce and bring to a gentle simmer. If using frozen prawns cook until heated all the way through (only a few minutes) and turn off the heat.
- Once pasta is cooked, pull from saucepan and stir into the sauce and return the pan to the heat. Gently warm through for a few minutes to let the pasta soak up some of the sauce, then serve and enjoy!
Linda says for a super quick mid-week meal you can use ready made garlic and chili paste with long life cream for the perfect (and always on hand) mid week meal!
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 342mg | Sodium: 827mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1199IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 4mg