Cooked in 30minutes but doesn't compromise on flavour! Served with gnocchi and tenderstem broccoli (swap gnocchi for rice for GF version)
change servings 4Print Recipe
- Frying pan x2
- Saucepan x1
- Pre-heated oven 200FAN/220c
- 4 salmon fillets skinned or one large piece
- 30 ml olive oil
- 100 g chorizo diced 1cm cubes
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 500 g passata
- 1 tin butter beans drained
- 100 g olives black preferred, or green
- 60 ml honey
- 100 ml single cream
- 1 pinch chili flakes optional
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 6 g fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- 500 g gnocchi pre-packed
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 knob butter
- Fry chorizo in a splash of olive oil for a few minutes until the oil turns red. Push chorizo to one side of the pan and fry the salmon fillets top-side down down for a minute – just to colour then turn over.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute, then pour in the passata followed by the butter beans, olives, honey, oregano, chili flakes (if using) and season generously. Leave to simmer for a few minutes then drizzle in the cream and mix a little (try to avoid getting it over the salmon too much).
- Bring to a gentle simmer then bake in the oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes, remove, garnish with chopped parsley.
- Fry the tenderstem broccoli in a pan with a splash of oil for a minute, then season and add knob butter and pop into the oven with the salmon – remove once the salmon is done (only needs a few minutes).
- Cook the gnocchi to packet instructions (about 3 minutes in salted boiling water) drain and drizzle with olive oil or knob of butter to stop them sticking and serve with salmon.
This is all about the sauce; swap for chicken breasts (half lengthways) or go for big slices of halloumi cooked same as salmon.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 788kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 1233mg | Potassium: 1444mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1281IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 9mg