Creamy Chorizo and Honey Salmon Skillet
Cooked in 30minutes but doesn't compromise on flavour! Served with gnocchi and tenderstem broccoli (swap gnocchi for rice for GF version)
change servings 4Print Recipe
- Frying pan x2
- Saucepan x1
- Pre-heated oven 200FAN/220c
- 4 salmon fillets skinned or one large piece
- 30 ml olive oil
- 100 g chorizo diced 1cm cubes
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 500 g passata
- 1 tin butter beans drained
- 100 g olives black preferred, or green
- 60 ml honey
- 100 ml single cream
- 1 pinch chili flakes optional
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 6 g fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- 500 g gnocchi pre-packed
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 knob butter
- Fry chorizo in a splash of olive oil for a few minutes until the oil turns red. Push chorizo to one side of the pan and fry the salmon fillets top-side down down for a minute – just to colour then turn over.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute, then pour in the passata followed by the butter beans, olives, honey, oregano, chili flakes (if using) and season generously. Leave to simmer for a few minutes then drizzle in the cream and mix a little (try to avoid getting it over the salmon too much).
- Bring to a gentle simmer then bake in the oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes, remove, garnish with chopped parsley.
- Fry the tenderstem broccoli in a pan with a splash of oil for a minute, then season and add knob butter and pop into the oven with the salmon – remove once the salmon is done (only needs a few minutes).
- Cook the gnocchi to packet instructions (about 3 minutes in salted boiling water) drain and drizzle with olive oil or knob of butter to stop them sticking and serve with salmon.
This is all about the sauce; swap for chicken breasts (half lengthways) or go for big slices of halloumi cooked same as salmon.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 788kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 1233mg | Potassium: 1444mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1281IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 9mg