Delicious take on tradition!
change servings 4Print Recipe
- frying pan
- 350 g spaghetti
- 100 g chorizo sliced thin
- 15 ml olive oil
- 3 eggs whisked
- 100 g cheese (cheddar or parmesan) grated
- Cook spaghetti to packet instructions in salted boiling water (about 8 minutes)
- While spaghetti is cooking, slice the chorizo into thick discs, then cut the discs into quarters. Fry the sliced chorizo in a little olive oil in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes then turn the heat to it's lowest setting.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl and stir in the grated cheese and generous amount of black pepper. When the pasta is cooked, use tongs (or drain in a sieve and reserve a quarter cup of the cooking liquid) and place the pasta in the frying pan with the chorizo and turn OFF the heat.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta and using the tongs (or a fork), keep lifting and moving the pasta around the pan, add a tablespoon or two of the cooking liquid and the residual heat of the pasta will warm the eggs through to make a sauce.
- After a few minutes of moving the pasta around the eggs will emulsify. If they haven't come together, you can put the pan on a very low heat for a minute (stirring and lifting the pasta constantly!) to help the eggs thicken – but be careful; if it gets too hot the eggs will scramble!
Please note – parmesan does contain animal products; so for an easy vegetarian alternative omit the chorizo and swap the cheese for a vegetable-based one. Serve with a side salad if you like!
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 518IU | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg