Tonia’s Lemon & Olive Chicken Tray Bake
Deliciously easy and tasting of the Mediterranean, this gorgeous chicken tray bakePrint Recipe
change servings 4
- Pre-heated oven 180c FAN
- Large roasting tin
- 45 ml olive oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs or mix of thighs and drumsticks
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 red onion cut into large wedges
- 2 lemon cut into 6 wedges (unwaxed)
- 200 ml white wine
- handful olives
- 15 g fresh parsley ripped
- 750 g new potatoes large ones halved
- 250 g salad leaves
- Drizzle generous layer of olive oil onto the bottom of a roasting dish, rub the chicken in the oil and arrange skin side up. Scatter in the new potatoes, garlic cloves, onions, lemon wedges and wine. Swirling the tin to mix well. Season generously with salt and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
- At 45 minutes, scatter in the olives and leave for another 10-15 minutes to finish or until the chicken skin is crispy and juices run clear. Serve straight from the roasting tray with the salad leaves (dress with a little splash of olive oil and drizzle of vinegar) and enjoy!
Swap chicken thighs for fish (at fish 15 minutes from the end of cooking) or butternut squash steaks and add at the start for a vegetarian version.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 880kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 245mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 1537mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 511IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4mg