Delicious light bite or perfect side. Use plant based feta for vegan/vegetarian version
- Frying pan or griddle pan
- 2 small aubergine 1/2 inch slices lengthways
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 5 g fresh parsley chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 pinch chili flakes optional
- 1 baguette to serve
- Cut the garlic clove in half (skin on) and lightly wipe over the aubergine slices then brush each slice with olive oil and place onto a smoking hot griddle or frying pan for 1 minute each side to colour.
- Meanwhile, break up the feta cheese into a bowl, add the parsley, chili flakes if using, a little drizzle of olive oil, zest of half a lemon (or to your taste) and cracked black pepper (no salt is needed).
- Once the aubergines are golden, lay out flat and gently top each one with the feta and parsley mixture and serve.
- Note: you can pop them in the oven for a few minutes to melt the feta or cook the aubergine on the BBQ if that's what you're up to!
Try adding a few sun blushed tomatoes to the feta mix
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 1mg