Mini baked spuds with tuna mayo
Baked new potatoes – really filling and if you don't like tuna you can use ham, cheese, baked beans – any topping you want
change servings 2
- Pre-heated oven 200FAN/220c
- baking tray
- 200 g baby potatoes or new potatoes
- 1 tin tuna or swap for ham
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp oil any oil you have
- Boil baby potatoes whole in salted boiling water for about 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain spuds, leave them to steam for a minute to dry, then pour over the oil, onto a baking tray (sprinkle a little salt if you have it) and bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Make the filling – mix the tuna with the mayo (see notes for jazzing this up a little or using something else)
- Slice spuds open, put a little butter in, dollop of filling – off ⅐you go!
Tuna mayo works great with a little splash of Worcestershire sauce, few drops lemon juice and good hit of black pepper and some chopped parsley – or any of the above if you have it. Don’t like tuna? Swap it for chunks of sliced ham in half the mayo, or grated cheese or go old school with another tin of baked beans and grated cheese on top!