Leftovers Winter Soup with secret ingredient
You'll love this leftovers winter soup with a secret ingredient!Print Recipe
change servings 4
- large saucepan
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrot peeled, sliced
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 250 ml white wine
- 500 g new potatoes quartered
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 3 tbsp hummus
- 4 cups Leftovers veg, meat, etc. cut into bitesize pieces
- Sweat the onion, garlic and carrot in a large saucepan with a splash of olive, until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the new potatoes and wine and reduce the wine by two-thirds.
- Top with chicken stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft, then introduce all your leftovers and bring back to a simmer for five minutes to warm through and ensure everything is piping hot.
- Just before serving, swirl in the hummus and give it a squeeze of lemon and season well. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Fedup with potatoes? Try swapping for rice or pasta. Add or omit anything you want, the secret is to reduce the wine, season well and use the hummus to give a creamy but slight tang to the soup!