Kids Poke Bowl
Or kids cheat version – super quick!
change servings 2Print Recipe
- Pre-heated oven 200FAN/220c
- baking tray
- 130 g salmon fillet or packet pre-cooked chicken
- 200 g microwave rice supermarket own brand about 35p
- 200 g tinned sweetcorn
- 1 cucumber use a 1/4 but use rest during the week – snacks
- 1 carrot peeled, grated or cut into batons
- 1 tbsp soy sauce optional
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- 2 tbsp ketchup optional
- Place the salmon on a baking tray and brush with tomato ketchup or soy sauce if using, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. SKIP this step if using pre-cooked chicken.
- Microwave rice to packet instructions (about 1 minute), divide hot rice between two bowls.
- Drain sweetcorn, place in a pile on one side of the rice.
- Place grated carrots, or batons in a pile on both bowls of rice.
- Cut a quarter of the cucumber into strips and pile on rice.
- Finally, remove the salmon from the oven if using and flake onto both bowls and drizzle over a little soy sauce and a little honey – or leave out if your kids want it plain.
You can use any protein you want; go vegan and use black beans instead of fish/meat. Cooked chicken costs more but is convenient, as is using sliced ham if preferred.