Hot dog + sweet potato wedges
Yes, we all love them!
change servings 2Print Recipe
- Preheated Oven 200FAN / 220c
- frying pan
- 4 sausages (1 sausages pp for young kids) use frankfurters if preferred
- 1 large sweet potato halved, cut into long wedges (skin on)
- 1 onion optional
- 2 hotdog buns or sausage sandwiches using bread
- 50 ml oil any
- Cut the sweet potatoes, coat in oil, season with salt/pepper (see notes on other spices), place on baking tray in oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked.
- Place sausages onto tray and into oven for about 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Peel onion, cut into slices and fry in a little oil for about 10 minutes until soft and golden.
- Plop sausages into buns, slather over cooked onions if using and serve with sweet potato wedges and ketchup!
Use vegan sausages if preferred. Fried onions are optional but delicious! Sweet potatoes can handle lots of flavour; options include; dried herbs, smoked paprika, ground cumin, chili flakes (maybe just adults).