Dark Cherry Christmas Fool Recipe
Delicious Christmas Fool recipe with macerated cherries and Christmas pudding
change servings 2Print Recipe
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 electric hand whisk (or manual)
- 1 small saucepan
- Small wine glass or bowl to serve
- 200 g Christmas cake/pudding
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 12 frozen cherries
- 3 ml vanilla essence
- 30 ml brandy optional
- 125 ml red wine
- 1 tsp chocolate shavings
- Place cherries, splash wine, half the icing sugar into a saucepan and simmer until sauce is reduced by half, then leave to cool.
- Whisk cream, vanilla essence and remaining icing sugar until firm (but still a little loose, you don't want it really thick and overwhipped).
- Finally, assemble your fool; crumble the Christmas cake/pudding into the base of your serving glasses, drizzle the brandy equally over both and drop in 3 cherries. Spoon the whipped cream over the top of each cherry/christmas pudding and then drop the remaining cherries over both drizzling the juice over the top, finish with a few grates of chocolate – done!
- NOTE: if the cherry compote is too thick once it cools, simply add a tablespoon of hot water to it to loosen.
You can swap all the ingredients for GF or vegan versions!
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg