Cheese & Ham Toastie – kids lunch
Go classic! This one is toasted in the pan
change servings 2
- frying pan
- 3 knobs butter
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated or cut into slices
- 40 g ham any of your choice
- 6 slices bread makes 1.5 sandwiches each
- Butter the outside of the bread.
- Heat the pan, place a slice of bread butter side down into the pan, lay the cheese on top, then ham and press down a little with a spatula.
- After a couple of minutes place the other piece of bread on top (butter side up) and carefully flip the sandwich over. Leave to cook for a couple of minutes, again, pushing down on the sandwich with a spatula (not really hard; just enough for the bread to make contact with the pan). Serve with ketchup and vegetables/fruit of your choice.
Try adding thin slices of chorizo or using different cheeses